City of Owatonna COVID-19 Information
For the health and safety of the public and the employees of the City of Owatonna, the following locations are closed to the public:
- Owatonna City Hall - closed until further notice
- Owatonna Public Library - closed until further notice
- West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center - closed until further notice
- West Hills Social Commons - closed until further notice
Staff from the City will be working normal hours and available via phone and email. Access to all City buildings will be permitted on an appointment or urgent need basis.
City Council and Board Meetings:
As stated by the Meeting Determination Statement all City Council and other City Commission and Committee meetings will not be held in person until further notice. All City Council and other City Committee meetings may be conducted by telephone or other electronic means.
Please contact the Jeanette Clawson by phone (507) 774-7341 or email Jeanette.Clawson@ci.owatonna.mn.us if you have any questions regarding business licenses.
Owatonna Public Library – building closed until further notice. No-Contact Library Materials Pickup and many online services available, please visit the Library’s webpage for details. A limited number of OPL Librarians are working from home. If you have questions you can call (507) 444-2460 Mondays-Fridays, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. You can also contact staff via the "Ask a Librarian" link on the website at www.owatonna.info, or through the Library’s Facebook or Twitter sites.
The Owatonna Public Library (OPL) building remains closed until further notice. The outside book drop is now open. OPL staff are offering no-contact pickup for library materials on a limited basis, as well as many options for online materials and programming. Details on services can be found on the Library’s webpage.
Development Services & Building Permits:
We can process any application electronically if you have a scanning and sending capability. We can also accomplish this by mailing methods. All common applications are available on the website. The City’s comprehensive website has extensive information under Building Inspections page.
Staff can be contacted during this closure by calling (507) 444-4370.
Please submit permit applications and inquiries to email@example.com
Please call to make arrangements to drop off larger sets of plans.
Individual contact information is as follows;
- Ken Beck, Building Official and Department Supervisor General questions on any departmental issue. Ken.Beck@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Mark Schwanke, Plans Examiner/Building Inspector for Commercial and residential building projects. Mark.Schwanke@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Larry Houn, Building Inspector. Residential building projects. Larry.Houn@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Jennifer Nelson, Permit Technician. All general information and contact referrals. Jennifer.Nelson@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Parks and Recreation:
West Hills Tennis Center and West Hills Social Commons are closed through May 17. Parks and trails are currently open. Please use the Parks and Recreation cancellation page for updates on programs and activities.
Staff can be contacted by the following:
- Parks & Recreation Office: (507) 444-4321 or email: Nikki.Callahan@ci.owatonna.mn.us or Jessica.Abrahams@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- West Hills Social Commons and Therapeutic Recreation: (507) 444-4280 or email: Danielle.Bakken@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center: (507) 444-4290 or email: Danielle.Licht@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Please call (507) 444-4350 with any questions. Staff may also be reached by email: Anna.Schwichtenberg@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Information
State of MN COVID-19 Website
Small Business Guidance and Loan Programs
Restaurants with Take Out, Delivery and Curbside Options
Resources for Businesses
Materials and Resources Available in Many Languages
Educational Materials Available in Many Languages