Virtual Costume Contest
Even though we can't all come together for a large event, we want to see your Halloween costumes! Post a picture of your ghost or goblin in their Halloween costume on our Facebook page or email it to: email@example.com by 11/2. The costumes will go to a vote on our Facebook page and the top 2 will receive an electric scooter! Prizes sponsored by Harland's Tire & Auto Center.
Dog's Got Talent
Does your dog have talent? Show us! Submit a video by November 6th (extended deadline!), either by Facebook messenger to Owatonna Dog Park or by email to: MaryJo.Knudson@ci.owatonna.mn.us.. Winner determined by Facebook popular vote. Check out Owatonna Dog Park's Facebook page for more details. Prizes sponsored by Farmer's Feed & Pet Supply.
Thank you to our Gold Sponsors:
The Park Passport program is an initiative of Owatonna Parks and Recreation to promote healthy lifestyle choices. The program encourages families and individuals to explore our parks and trails and exercise by walking the mapped trails. The program is FREE and all access to the parks is FREE!
- Get your passport.
- Visit the parks listed and find the hidden password. Use the park/trail maps to guide you to search for the signs. Parks will have a small sign mounted to a post along the trail. The signs are approximately 2’-4’ from the ground. Each sign has a word on the back. All signs will be up from September 23 to October 21.
- Reveal the phrase! Write the hidden password for each park/trail in the appropriate box to reveal the message. Submit your completed passport by October 26.
- Enjoy your time in the parks! The ten Passport Parks and Trails are Mineral Springs Park, Leo Rudolph Nature Reserve, Dartts Park, Buxton Trail, North Straight River Parkway, Kaplan’s Woods Trail, 18th Street Trail, Manthey Park, Muckle Trail and Kaplan’s Woods Parkway. A completed passport equals 11 miles of trail walking.
Owatonna Parks and Recreation will be hosting NFL Pick'em. The object of the game is simple: pick the winner of each NFL game every week. Weekly points will be recorded and totaled at the end of each regular season game. Make your picks online below. Prizes of $50 chamber bucks or a free pavilion rental will be awarded to the top 2 people.
City Archery Hunt
- Two seasons:
- November 1-28 - View Stand Locations
- November 29 - December 23
- Antlerless Deer only, Earn-a-Buck
- All DNR regulations apply
- Proficiency test required
- No crossbows (being reviewed for 2021)
- Parks included: Cashman, Hammann, Kaplan’s Woods, Kaplan’s Woods Parkway, North Straight River Park Area, Leo Rudolph Nature Reserve, Manthey, Maple Creek Parkway, Kriesel Park and Mineral Springs (second season only)
For more information, contact Mary Jo Knudson, 507-774-7364 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Park Clean Up Kits
Help us keep Owatonna’s parks beautiful!
- Sign-up online.
- Pick-up your bucket at the park shop.
- Clean-up a park or trail using our pickers & garbage bags.
- Leave the trash near a garbage can & drop-off the bucket at the park shop!